In recent years, the assembly and soldering technologies of PCB components have evolved towards automation, going from traditional systems of manual assembly and soldering by hand or wave (Traditional Technology), to automatic assembly and soldering by reflow.
Years of research, has developed products suitable for all reflow soldering processes belonging to the following technologies:
1. STH® (SMD Through Hole), similar to PiP-Pin in Paste and THR-Through Hole Reflow Technology
2. SMT (Surface Mount Technology)
STH® and SMD (Surface Mounting Device) products:
– a range in continuous expansion and identified with the letter H for STH® product or D for SMD product in the fourth character of the product code;
– are made of insulating material classified MSL 1 (Moisture Sensitivity Level), according to the IPC / JEDEC J-STD-020E standard, and is therefore immune to the blistering effect caused by the absorption of moisture;
– are suitable to be automatically mounted on board using pick and place devices without use of pick up pad.
The technological evolution which originated in the 1970’s with Traditional Technology, has evolved in the 1990’s to STH® Lean Technology, and is now focused on STH® Full Lean Technology, while looking to the future with the SMD Full Lean Technology.